Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Music Club 5-16-16

Tonight, the musical timeline started significantly earlier than normal, in the late 40s/early 50s:

Does Everyone Know About This?--Martha Tilton with Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Opera in Vout Pts. 1 & 2 (Groove Juice Symphony)--Slim Gaillard
That Old Black Magic--Tiny Grimes
I'm Gone--Shirley & Lee
You Belong to Me--Helen Foster & the Rovers
Standing on the Corner--The Four Freshmen
Right Around the Corner--Boyd Bennett
Sway--Dean Martin
Betty Jean--The Pledges
Leap Frog--Chuck Alaimo Quartet
Cross Over the Bridge--The Chords
Butterfly--Charlie Gracie
Forty Days--Ronnie Hawkins
Forty Days and Forty Nights--Muddy Waters
Bury the Hatchet--Chuck & Chuckles
Shoppin' for Clothes--The Coasters
More--Kai Winding

HOUR 2

Too Pooped to Pop--Chuck Berry
I'm Going Home--Prince Conley
Last Night--The Mar-Keys
I've Been Carrying a Torch for You So Long That I Burned a Great Big Hole in My Heart--Nino Tempo & April Stevens
Deep Purple--Nino Tempo & April Stevens
Bye, Bye, Baby (Baby Goodbye)--The Four Seasons
Soul Coaxing (Ame Caline)--Raymond Lefevre & His Orchestra
I'll Get You--The Beatles
Father John--The Premiers
Restless--The Cobras
Hey Little Cobra--The Rip Chords
Our Favorite Recording Sessions--The Beach Boys
Wendy--The Beach Boys
Game of Love--Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders
Hard Lovin' Loser--Judy Collins
Suspicions--Sidekicks
Everyone's Gone to the Moon--Chad & Jeremy
Let Love Live (A Little Bit Longer)--The Velvelettes
A Must to Avoid--Herman's Hermits
Was it Really Real?--The Outsiders
The Look of Love--Burt Bacharach

HOUR 3

Another Night--Dionne Warwick
Break on Through (to the Other Side)--The Doors
Goin' Out of My Head--Wes Montgomery
Goodbye, Baby (I Don't Want to See You Cry)--Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart
If You Don't Want My Love--Robert John
Mr. Kirby--The New Yorkers
No Time Like the Right Time--The Blues Project
Skinny Legs and All--Joe Tex
Why Don't You Love Me--The Buckinghams
(Come 'Round Here) I'm the One You Need--The Cowsills
Don't You Forget That You're My Baby--The Spidells
I've Never Found a Girl (to Love Me Like You Do)--Eddie Floyd
Wonderful WINO (Top 40 Disc Jockey)--George Carlin
Lookin' Out My Back Door--Creedence Clearwater Revival
Get High--The Sons of Champlin
She's a Rainbow--The Rolling Stones
Two by Two--Steve Martin

HOUR 4

What is This--Bobby Womack
They Call Me MISTER Tibbs--Quincy Jones
Say it One More Time--Clarence Carter
Patches--Clarence Carter
Keep on Trying--Rosalind Cash & Matt Robinson
Discrepancy--The Bonniwell Music Machine
I Woke Up in Love This Morning--The Partridge Family
Send My Picture to Scranton, PA--B.J. Thomas
Can't You See Me Cry--The New Colony Six
Sweetback's Theme--Earth, Wind & Fire
Gotta Get Back to You--Tommy James & the Shondells
I Got No Time--Orange Peel
Cross-Eyed Mary--Jethro Tull
In Time--Sly & the Family Stone
Time Ain't Long--Ace
Watching the River Run--Loggins & Messina

No comments: