Saturday, April 19, 2008

Show #125--4/20/08

Hey, I'm back...

You Got the Silver (from "Shine a Light")--The Rolling Stones
Under My Thumb—The Rolling Stones
Cheating--The Animals
Ain't That Lovin' You--Bobby "Blue" Bland
Something on Your Mind--Karen Dalton
Tomorrow--Duffy
Shapes of Things--The Yardbirds
Magic--Pilot
Just Let Me Be--Pilot
Toys--John Zorn
Night Game--Sam Yahel Trio
Suspicious Minds--Elvis Presley
Peace Be Upon Us--Sheryl Crow
The French Open--Foals
Santeria--Sublime

Hour 2--Mystery Theme

Have a listen (when? why, at 9pm EST, of course) and see if you can figure out what these songs have in common. It can relate to title, or group, or subject matter, or the music itself...listen closely and contact me if you want to have a guess. (724-357-WIUP; or on AIM, keyword IUPRADIO, or mail me at mkloszewski@hotmail.com) I think it's fairly obvious, but then again, I came up with the theme...I shall reveal it at the bottom of the hour.

And the mystery theme? All the songs played featured the flute!

One Night in Bangkok--Murray Head
Room to Move--John Mayall
Going Up the Country--Canned Heat
Soul Bossa Nova--Quincy Jones & His Orchestra
That I Would Be Good--Alanis Morissette
California Dreamin'--The Mamas & the Papas
So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright--Simon & Garfunkel
Cross Eyed Mary--Jethro Tull
Beatbox Flute demo (featuring "Inspector Gadget" and "Axel F")--Greg Pattillo
Fables of Faubus--Project
Lotta Love--Nicolette Larson
Everyone--Van Morrison
Freedom Rider--Traffic

No comments: