All themes tonight and up until Midnight, as a little something extra special for WIUP-FM's 2026 Anniversary Fund Drive. Won't get through all of this, but here are the proposed playlists, for those who like to know:
WHAT TIME IS IT?
Eric Lindell--Cryin' Time
The Strangeloves--Night Time
Noonday Underground--Closing Time
Alvin Cash & the Crawlers--Twine Time
Shirley Ellis--Soul Time
The Association--Time for Livin'
REO Speedwagon--Time for Me to Fly
Nimbus Sextet--High Time
Flight of the Conchords--Business Time
The Zombies--Time of the Season
The Rolling Stones--The Last Time
BANDS/SINGERS WHO SHARE THE SAME NAME
The Charlatans--Codine
The Charlatans--The Only One I Know
Kaleidoscope--Colours
Kaleidoscope--Love Games
The Knack--I'm Aware
The Knack--End of the Game
Madhouse--Burning Desire
Madhouse--6
Sylvia--Pillow Talk
Sylvia--Nobody
Mr. Big--To Be With You
Mr. Big--Romeo
The Beat--Don't Wait Up for Me
The Beat--I Confess
Bush--I Can Hear You Calling
Bush--Everything Zen
TOP 11 "GIVE" SONGS (60s-70s) (no "gimme," no variations on "give")
J. Geils Band--Give it to Me #30
The Shangri-Las--Give Us Your Blessings #29
The Chi-Lites--(For God's Sake) Give More Power to the People #26
Wings--Give Ireland Back to the Irish #21
The Righteous Brothers--Give it to the People #20
The Shangri-Las--Give Him a Great Big Kiss #18
James Brown--Give it Up or Turnit a Loose #15
Supertramp--Give a Little Bit #15
Plastic Ono Band--Give Peace a Chance #14
Chairmen of the Board--Give Me Just a Little More Time #3
George Harrison--Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) #1
A ROUND OF "BIRD" REMAKES
The Righteous Brothers--Night Owl
Lothar and the Hand People--Woody Woodpecker
Bulldog--Rockin' Robin
Carly Simon & James Taylor--Mockingbird
Sonny Terry--Crow Jane
Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass--Flamingo
The Cryan' Shames--Baltimore Oriole
York High School Swing Choir (1979)--Fly Like an Eagle
Helen Reddy--Bluebird
Milos Karadaglic--Blackbird
Lee Ranaldo Band with J Mascis--Albatross
DRIVERS AND DRIVING
Jerry Lewis--Sunday Driving
Madness--Driving in My Car
Little River Band--You're Driving Me Out of My Mind
The Breeders--Drivin' on 9
The Police--Driven to Tears
Cyndi Lauper--I Drove All NIght
They Might Be Giants--AKA Driver
R.E.M.--Driver 8
Fine Young Cannibals--She Drives Me Crazy
11 LESSER-KNOWN SONGS FROM I.R.S. RECORDS
Suburban Lawns--Janitor
Wazmo Nariz--Who Does it Hurt?
The English Beat--Best Friend
Klark Kent--Don't Care
Buzzcocks--Mad, Mad Judy
The Cramps--Garbageman
Jools Holland & His Millionaires--Waiting Game
The Animals--The Night
Fashion--Big John/Hanoi Annoys Me/The Innocent
Reckless Sleepers--If We Never Meet Again
Wall of Voodoo--Call of the West
RELIGIOUS BUT NOT "RELIGIOUS"
Dusty Springfield--Son of a Preacher Man
Bad Company--Holy Water
Commodores--I Feel Sanctified
Pomplamoose--Like a Prayer
They Might Be Giants--Kiss Me, Son of God
Everything Everything--Get to Heaven
Fatboy Slim--Praise You
Depeche Mode--Personal Jesus
Hozier--Take Me to Church
Jethro Tull--Hymn 43
Randy Newman--God's Song (That's Why I Love Mankind)
SONGS THAT FEATURE CHIMES/ORCHESTRAL BELLS
The Dixie Cups--Chapel of Love
Herman's Hermits--Just a Little Bit Better
Brian Hyland--The Joker Went Wild
Dionne Warwick--Looking With My Eyes
Bonnie Pointer--Heaven Must Have Sent You (Disco Version)
Squeeze--It's Not Cricket
Blondie--Rapture
Chic--I Want Your Love
Les Yper Sound--Psyche Rock
Cream--Those Were the Days
Mike Oldfield--Tubular Bells (Part One)
No comments:
Post a Comment